Announcement of Job Vacancy for Zero waste Coordinator
Zero waste Coordinator
For the EU funded project “Montenegro and Albania towards Zero Waste”
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Zero Waste Coordinator, based in Tropoje is responsible for the effective coordination of the EU
funded project “Montenegro and Albania towards Zero Waste” implemented by ALCDF and funded
by EU in the framework of Cross-border Cooperation Action Programme Montenegro-Albania 2014-
- In close collaboration and with the direction of the Project Manager and Executive Director will perform these main tasks:
- Carry out activities, collate data from experts and experts and prepare regular reports on activities and zero waste practices of the area for monitoring outreach campaign activities o the project;
- Organize and plan field visits to sensitize and educate households, schools, local businesses on zero waste concept and best practices on this field;
- Provide any technical support requested by the project team and facilitate experience sharing;
- Coordinate the work with municipal staff working on the waste management sector for the area;
- Promoting zero-waste sustainable practices, including appropriate encouragement and support to the local communities to reduce, recycle and reuse waste.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in zero waste practices and increasing levels of responsibility and authority. A proven self-starter and innovator.
- A first degree (Bachelors or Diploma) and Masters Degree in Environment, Urban management, legal, or relevant topics; or an equivalent proven experience.
- Knowledge and experience in waste management, especially zero waste practices;
- Significant knowledge and experience for Tropoje area, skills, and experience in networking with local stakeholders such as communities, private actors, and local governance.
- Fluent spoken and written Albanian, and Comprehensive working knowledge of English
Interested applicants should submit a CV and letter of interest by Wednesday 16th February 2022. Please e-mail all materials to [email protected], or via mail at: ALCDF office, Rr Shyqyri Ishmi, 25/4, Tirane, Albania.